"No Certificate Templates Could Be Found" Error Message When User Requests Certificate from CA Web Enrollment Pages
- From: "Bowulf" <bowulf@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 21 Sep 2006 10:33:00 -0700
I am having some problem with users (even other domain admins)
requesting certificates. I am sending them to the certificate server
webpage, and when they click on the link Create and submit a request to
this CA, they get the following error message:
"No certificate templates could be found. You do not have permission to
request a certificate from this CA, or an error occurred while
accessing the Active Directory."
I (an enterprise admin) can authenticate and request a certificate, but
I verified the error message occurs with other domain admins like I
said. I checked the KB article
(http://support.microsoft.com/?id=811418) that deals with this error,
and did not see any difference (case or otherwise) between the two
strings (dNSHostName attribute and the the value for sServerConfig). I
nevertheless copied and pasted the value to the other server. The same
error still occured when the user shutdown and restarted IE.
Any other suggestions?
- Prev by Date: Re: Question about Wireless Security
- Next by Date: Re: How can I create a second certificate authority server for red
- Previous by thread: Re: Question about Wireless Security
- Next by thread: Re: "No Certificate Templates Could Be Found" Error Message When User Requests Certificate from CA Web Enrollment Pages