Re: Help with virus removal please

From: "John" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Somehow I've gotten a Java Virus.
| Running XP home with AVG free, trendmicro anti spy and spybot s&d.
| This is what shows up on AVG report.
|
| Application Data/Sun
| Java/ByteVerify
| Infected Embedded
|
| Trojan horse Java/Class Loader
|
| I was able to move the Byte verify to the virus vault but I can't figure out
| how to get rid of the Trojan.
| Would removing the Java program and reinstalling it help?
| I'm not that computer savy and just noticed it this morning.
| All help is appreciated.
|
| Thanks

If you are using any version of Sun Java that is prior to JRE Version 5.0 update 6,
then you are strongly urged to remove any/all versions that are prior to JRE/JSE
Version 5.0 update 6. There are vulnerabilities in them and they are actively being
exploited. It is possible that is how you got infected with malware.

Therefore, it is highly suggested that if there are any prior versions of Sun Java
to Version 5 update 6 on the PC that they be removed ASAP.

The latest version is Sun Java JRE/JSE Version 5.0 Update 8

Simple check, look under...
C:\Program Files\Java

The only folder under that folder should be the latest version.

Such as...
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

or

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

FYI:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-26-102557-1

1) Dump the contents of your IE cache -
Start --> settings --> control panel --> Internet options --> delete files

2) Dump the contents of the Mozilla FireFox Cache { if you use FireFox }
Tools --> Options --> Privacy --> Cache --> Clear

3) Dump the contents of your Sun Java cache -
Start --> settings --> control panel --> Java applet --> cache --> clear
or
Start --> settings --> control panel --> Java applet --> general --> settings -->
delete files

4) Re-scan your system using your anti virus software.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • none of my messengers work Please help!!
    ... virus that are java based well any ways i could get on ... my msn messenger does not work my yahoo mesenger does not ... work and also my excite mesenger i have a fire wall but i ...
  • Wont log into hotmail, ActiveX errors, Java VM errors
    ... A friend's PC was infected with this virus called ... and now the the browser won't log into ... Since microsoft doesn't support the java vm anymore, ... a msg saying that update.exe files can't be verified. ...
  • Trojan in my java and other virus questions.
    ... I found a trojan in my java last weekend at my friends house. ... got 3 trojan viruses picked up and the exe file that made them. ... I tryed AVG and all that did was point out the virus, ... Any suggestions for a good free virus ...
  • Re: Around 700 Christian Books for sale
    ... virus and malware check on them. ... mentioned, AVG passes it as certain java and active x script mimics malware, ... I in fact a few moments ago downloaded the two files, run a virus check on them and nothing appears. ... This still leads me to believe it is certain AV products causing the problem with the coding. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Trojan in my java and other virus questions.
    ... I |> got 3 trojan viruses picked up and the exe file that made them. ... I run java |> daily while playing my games and they run fine, ... And What |> virus protector should I use? ... I tryed AVG and all that did was point out the virus, ...