Re: Default domain Policy error

"Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%23NbNzQ%23yGHA.2036@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The KB article below may be of help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842933/

I think posters issue is different, i.e. inconsistent or corrupt adm file.

"Patrick B." <PatrickB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
We are getting the following error when going in to our default domain
policy:

The following error occurred in
\\ourdomain.com\sysvol\ourdomain.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\Adm\system.adm
on line 63:
Error 62 The corresponding string was not found in the [strings] section
Found: !!AdministrativeServices_Help
The file can not be loaded.

We are running a mixed mode of Windows 2003 and Windows 2000 domain
controllers. Nothing shows up in the event log of the domain controller.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

  • Re: Default domain Policy error
    ... Error 62 The corresponding string was not found in the section ... We are running a mixed mode of Windows 2003 and Windows 2000 domain ... Nothing shows up in the event log of the domain controller. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: why use the sealed ?
    ... system that supports inheritance and polymorphism is to promote reusability. ... Find great Windows Forms articles in Windows Forms Tips and Tricks ... >> exceeds past the end of the string. ... >> application to be a Remoting Client. ...
  • Re: XP and string paths
    ... > the "Lcase" function is suddenly no longer available to Excel? ... > that occurs because of Windows XP. ... > string functions that Excel uses has become ... > is the usual "missing reference" problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Windows versus Application Security
    ... Public Property UserNameAs String ... What is the equivalent in a Windows Application? ... So you would just have a login entry from that check the user likely from ... managing and removing windows domain accounts are not the ...
  • Re: problem logging off and shutting down
    ... One using the Windows OS CD ... using repar from the setup menu and another microsoft repair tool that I ran ... I have been all over the Microsoft website and internet trying to ... #1 is a String Value ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)