Re: All access rights gone

Hi,

Try the steps in this article. It is practically the same for the server.

Mike
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security

"OfficeAssistant79" <OfficeAssistant79@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:825272E7-1069-4E08-B4F2-DC1EFFC3B40A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I recently made a test account to restrict access on a terminal server(TS).
After I denied that account from accessing other patrs and folders of
the
TS I noticed that some other user rights were also gone. Now I have some
important files without any user rights at all and I can't access or copy
them. How can I get access to those files? I have tried with admin rights
both local and domain but nothing works. Is there a way to work around
security rights in windows?

  • Fix for multiple instances of anti-virus in Windows Security Center
    ... Recently I noticed that my Windows Security Center wasn't working ... Worse, when I removed that anti-virus program, Windows Security Center ... | delete the WFI repository folder from your computer and them re-build ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Windows 2003 Server
    ... How to configure file sharing in Windows XP ... How to set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions in Windows ... > "Roger Abell" wrote in message ... >> Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Windows permissions are ignored???
    ... I am not a pro in Windows security and permissions and would really ... only Managers group should has full access to folder ... Permissions are not inherited from the upper directory structure and do ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: recover compacted folders
    ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, ... , then wasted space is generated in that file, and the folder must be ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: inbox mostly not open
    ... messages to another folder. ... > When I open Outlook Express it's open automatikly the Inbox. ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... themselves (if you have the latest security updates from Windows Update) ...