Re: Disable Administrator Logoffs

I don't believe that is possible. You will need to inform users not to log
you off. Maybe they think that the screen saver locked the computer and it
would be a good idea to paste a note to the screen to leave it alone. The
security log should contain logon events to help you determine who is
logging you off. For Windows 2003 Server another admin could still access
the server via Remote Desktop if need be [assuming it is enabled and
available from the client computer] to access the server while the console
is locked and maybe not everyone knows that.

Steve

"Ishmealm" <Ishmealm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,
I work in a large W2K3 Server environment with several server
admins.
I'm having problems with other admins logging me off of servers that are
locked. More than once a scripts been stopped or a file copy has been
interupted. Is there a way to disable logoffs by the other admins? I'm
ok
if it disables it for me as well. I'd like for the admins to get in the
habit of asking the person that's logged on,if it's ok to log them off.
Thanks,
Ishmeal

  • Re: Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves
    ... in marketing and they still manage only 30% of the server market. ... I don't as yet know what Ubuntu's niche is - windows malcontents? ... servers due to the desktop support as well as gui management tools. ... Part of the issue in the past has been many admins that new Unix found ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: AdvancedProblem:RemoteDesktop into Trusted Domain w/GP permission
    ... verify that the domainB's Remote Desktop Users group is ... actually added to DomainB's member servers groups." ... Administrators vs Domain Admins <as set on the DC in Domain Users and ... you must have Terminal Server User Access ...
  • Re: How to restrict DC privileges for Site Admins?
    ... By allowing those admins to log on into to the DCs you're granting them the necessary rights so that they can do whatever they want, even if they're members of backup operators or any other lowlevel group. ... You said that they need to perform maintenance tasks on the DCs, Like Backups and shutdown/restart the server, create user accounts, well to perform these tasks these admins don't need to logon the server, they can do that remotely with mmc console, etc... ... My problem, however, is the domain controller: ...
  • Re: How to restrict DC privileges for Site Admins?
    ... By allowing those admins to log on into to the DCs you're granting them the ... members of backup operators or any other lowlevel group. ... Backups and shutdown/restart the server, create user accounts, well to ... his/her "own" domain controller in order to perform relatively simple ...
  • Re: Migration EXC 2003 to 2007
    ... I'am trying to remove E2K7 sp1 and reinstall it but i'am stuck on the last public folder, E2K7 asks me to move the last public folder to an other server before uninstall all roles. ... the OU has been created and the exchange organisations admins were empty and exchange servers only contained the 2K7 server. ... exchange 2007 there was new OU created called MSExchange Security Group and it has the following in there: ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)