Re: Vb.Net code for user log-on network authentication

If you have code that is collecting credentials and then presenting this to
the
system for authentication then you should simply be able to do the same
thing
but with domain specified to let the system use its channel(s) to get that
domain
cred authenticated. If you mean a non-domain environment then it would much
depend on whether the auth call technique you are using is remotable.

That said, why are you bothering?
It is hard for most people to code more secure credential collection that
what
already exists, which is pretty much a no-op on your part if the code is to
be
used interactively, or used in domain environment where it will rund as the
cred context that needs to be recognized on the remote system.

IOW the answer I think is "it depends", as we do not know what your
architecture is attempting and via want classes/methods, etc..
On of the msdn forums might inform you most directly, and correct for the
specifics of what you have designed.

"anekwe via WinServerKB.com" <u13021@uwe> wrote in message
Let me rephrase the statement. What I wanted to know is a concise code
that
would allow me to logon to a server from my PC. I wrote the code to allow
me
to sign on to my program using my userID and workstation password. Now I
want to develop code to allow me to use my userID and the password to the
server. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Roger Abell [MVP] wrote:
I bet at most 1 out of 10 think "user authentication to a network"
means what you intend. I for one have no idea what you mean.

Does anyone know a concise complete VB.NET Code for user authentication
network, not a workstation with just username and password?

  • Can I pass ASP Basic Auth Credentials to an APS.NET Forms Authentication site?
    ... I am converting an ASP Website running Windows NT 4.0 to ASP.NET running ... The ASP.NET site N uses Forms Authentication and has the user enter a UserID ...
  • Re: OWA logon issue - Browser not authentication-capabke...
    ... when i try to logon to exchange server mailbox remotely ... userid and password. ... authentication-capable or authentication failed". ... to ensure that port 443 is open/forwarded inbound to your SBS server's LAN ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.clients)
  • Re: Weird OWA Problem
    ... Assuming you are using form based authentication, ... for the userid? ... domain\userid or upnid has to be used under form ... I went back into the server and even reset passwords thinking that was the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Perl And Apache.
    ... >After UserID/Password authentication on a web page, ... >UserID in an environment variable that a Perl script could use? ... Check the info on environment variables on this page: ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Problem with Session Variable
    ... Check out the authentication part of your web ... You can get a first impression by reading ... User A signs in and the screen shows that the userid is "User A". ... > session variables in the Session_start event is loopy! ...