Re: Windows Defender and Webrook Spyware

I found the discussion group and put the message there, however, since this
discussion group is more visible, any one who might want to put an answer
here please do so. I am looking forward to see them.
(PA Bear's response to Pedrod on 8/1/2006 2:28 PM has the website address
of the Defender's newsgroups. I put my message under "compatibility")

"Octavio" <octavioven@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
I jsut put the following thread in Windowsxp.newusers, but it was before I
found this "Security" discussion group. If any one can help with it, I
will appreciate it.

"Which one is the Windows Defender (new Beta 2) discussion group?
Do the Windows Defender and the Webrook Spyware can work simultaneously in
the same computer without any problem? (i.e., it is OK to have both
installed in the same computer. Any body have been having any problems
with
this?)"

Thanks in advance.

  • Re: Windows Defender Installation
    ... MSAS was as much a beta as Windows Defender. ... It had more issues than Windows Defender itself. ... Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: automatic updates do not notify me again bug.
    ... Michel Denie ... Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender Beta2 ... realcestmoi wrote: ... update Definition Update 1.14.1508.5 for BETA Windows Defender ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Defender (beta) security update fails
    ... Dave wrote: ... Hopefully people who aren't BETA testers won't download BETAS but, then again, some people will download *anything*. ... And whn I try and download Windows Defender, it seems to go though the motions of installing, but nothing happens! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Windows Defender and Webrook Spyware
    ... I jsut put the following thread in Windowsxp.newusers, ... found this "Security" discussion group. ... "Which one is the Windows Defender discussion group? ... Do the Windows Defender and the Webrook Spyware can work simultaneously in ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: One Care by MS
    ... even use Hijack--and the MS beta spyware proggie screwed up my new computer. ... I'll probably switch to Windows Defender when my current SpySweeper ... For more in-depth and targeted information about WLOC I would suggest ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)