Re: KB914388

Hi,

I deployed it network-wide on Win2k and all machines are super fast.

Ed Thurber wrote:
Hey all:

Recently deployed KB194388 (DHCP Client Vulnerability) on our corporate network via WSUS. Since then several users are compliaining that their PC's take a long time to boot (hang at "preparing network connections") and that their logon scripts don't run. Have also seen Service Control Manager errors stating that the DHCP client hung on startup on the same PC's.

Has anyone else seen this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Ed Thurber

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)

  • Re: KB914388
    ... Ed Thurber ... Recently deployed KB194388 (DHCP Client Vulnerability) on our corporate ... PC's take a long time to boot (hang at "preparing network connections") ... Have also seen Service Control ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • KB914388
    ... Recently deployed KB194388 (DHCP Client Vulnerability) on our corporate ... network via WSUS. ... Since then several users are compliaining that their PC's ... Have also seen Service Control Manager ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: KB914388
    ... "Ed Thurber" wrote: ... Recently deployed KB194388 (DHCP Client Vulnerability) on our corporate ... Have also seen Service Control Manager ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: KB914388
    ... And just FYI even when configured with static IPs the DHCP client ... network is static IP only - we don't use DHCP (although the DHCP client is ... Have also seen Service Control ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: KB914388
    ... I now wonder if the reason I'm not seeing the problem is that our whole network is static IP only - we don't use DHCP (although the DHCP client is still active on machines). ... Have also seen Service Control Manager errors stating that the DHCP client hung on startup on the same PC's. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)