Re: KB914388

Thanks Steve,
Yes, please do keep us all posted.

Roger

"Steve Friday" <Steve Friday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:46994921-A9A9-4C39-B784-9D6F8AC79D92@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We have the same issue again only about 2-3 % of fleet but more coming in
daily, we have opened a support call with Microsoft and will update if we
get
anything.

"Ed Thurber" wrote:

Hey all:

Recently deployed KB194388 (DHCP Client Vulnerability) on our corporate
network via WSUS. Since then several users are compliaining that their
PC's
take a long time to boot (hang at "preparing network connections") and
that
their logon scripts don't run. Have also seen Service Control Manager
errors stating that the DHCP client hung on startup on the same PC's.

Has anyone else seen this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Ed Thurber

  • Re: KB914388
    ... Ed Thurber ... Recently deployed KB194388 (DHCP Client Vulnerability) on our corporate ... PC's take a long time to boot (hang at "preparing network connections") ... Have also seen Service Control ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: KB914388
    ... There is an uninstall string and removing the patch corrected the problem. ... Recently deployed KB194388 (DHCP Client Vulnerability) on our corporate ... PC's take a long time to boot (hang at "preparing network connections") ... Have also seen Service Control ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: KB914388
    ... Ed Thurber wrote: ... Since then several users are compliaining that their PC's take a long time to boot (hang at "preparing network connections") and that their logon scripts don't run. ... Have also seen Service Control Manager errors stating that the DHCP client hung on startup on the same PC's. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: KB914388
    ... I am not certain whether that patch is or is not uninstallable without ... Recently deployed KB194388 (DHCP Client Vulnerability) on our corporate ... PC's take a long time to boot (hang at "preparing network connections") ... Have also seen Service Control ...
    (microsoft.public.security)