Re: W2000 security

"gefionorse" <gefionorse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1153560745.528791.175720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,
A friend of mine is having an argument over whether W2000 is a secure
system nowadays.

You can read about it here:
http://rafaminu.blogspot.com/

What is your expert opinion?

No system is secure by default. When it comes to 2000, here is a good start:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=15E83186-A2C8-4C8F-A9D0-A0201F639A56&DisplayLang=en

--
Arek Iskra
MVP for Windows Server - Software Distribution

  • Re: W2000 security
    ... gefionorse wrote: ... A friend of mine is having an argument over whether W2000 is a secure ... system nowadays. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • W2000 security
    ... A friend of mine is having an argument over whether W2000 is a secure ... system nowadays. ... What is your expert opinion? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: [SLE] sendmail vs postfix.
    ... > Windows XP is secure if you actually know what you're doing. ... > for the link but my friend who held the war game on his box documented ... XP secure yeahhhhhhh! ... Linux user No: 256242 ...
    (SuSE)
  • A couple of comments and a question....
    ... Make yourself worthy of a teacher, ... 2.A teacher shares what she knows; a friend helds clarify what you ... The Hebrew k'nay, here translated as "secure," literally means ... Know this and you will judge ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: Industrial espionage? A weird tale
    ... > I would be extremely grateful for some feedback on this ... ... My friend has been working on some potentially valuable ... > simply not good enough for a constant broadband connection with the ... Never think that your on-line systems are secure enough, ...
    (alt.computer.security)