Re: Error Message (???)

Seems like some application (probably a virus) 'patched' the code of
MSWorks.exe. Also it can be anyone how is able to open MSWorks.exe in HEX
editor and change the entry point of application. Check your PC for viruses
or reinstall application.

--
Vladimir

"Jack" <Jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I keep getting the following messsage when I open any of the Works
applications e.g. Word Processor, Database etc

C:\Programe Files\Microsoft Works\MSWorks.exe
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:0604 IP:0145 OP: ff ff ff 00 00 Choose "close" to terminate the
application

I have choosen Close a million & one times! It allows me to access Word
Processor but every time I log out and log back in (restart) the same
message
appears.

Can anyone help???

Thank You!

  • Re: How do... YOU... do... "IT"?
    ... which is a simple-to-use text editor with lots of extras (like ... of an office-type word processor tend to do. ... I've got myself unstalled by writing on ... Beghinnen can ick, volherden will' ick, volbringhen sal ick. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: my sister and a dog humping
    ... excuse for a text editor. ... MS Word is a word processor, ... Stop Corruption in Congress & Send the Ultimate Message: ... Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Text editors
    ... Does any text editor do this? ... I checked just now, and Wordpad lets me change the color of my font, ... For example, it you tell the editor the output will be used as HTML, the editor recognizes the sequence "" and displays it differently. ... A word processor on the other hand allows the user to define a quasi-syntax on the fly In order to do this, the word processor must save special flags with the "text" to afford decoding at a future time. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Static vs. Dynamic typing (big advantage or not)---WAS: c.programming: OOP and memory management
    ... >> program similar to a word processor that would load scores from disk, ... > You invented the player module. ... Nor would you have any reason to do so in a music editor, ... some other format. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: Static vs. Dynamic typing (big advantage or not)---WAS: c.programming: OOP and memory management
    ... >> program similar to a word processor that would load scores from disk, ... > You invented the player module. ... Nor would you have any reason to do so in a music editor, ... some other format. ...
    (comp.programming)