Re: Error Message (???)

Seems like some application (probably a virus) 'patched' the code of
MSWorks.exe. Also it can be anyone how is able to open MSWorks.exe in HEX
editor and change the entry point of application. Check your PC for viruses
or reinstall application.

--
Vladimir

"Jack" <Jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I keep getting the following messsage when I open any of the Works
applications e.g. Word Processor, Database etc

C:\Programe Files\Microsoft Works\MSWorks.exe
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:0604 IP:0145 OP: ff ff ff 00 00 Choose "close" to terminate the
application

I have choosen Close a million & one times! It allows me to access Word
Processor but every time I log out and log back in (restart) the same
message
appears.

Can anyone help???

Thank You!