Bug in 802.1x stack (Windows XP)

Hi,

I am testing 802.1x authentication in our network. The client I use for testing is one Windows XP SP1 and one with SP2.
Both have problems to authenticate the user. When I sniff the packets send by the XP Client I can see that Windows is using a wrong domain name. The switch sends the wrong login credentials to the IAS Radius server which denies the access request because the domain controller for this, wrong, domain can not be found.
Our domain is 3SOFT, normal login works, but when I enable 802.1x the domain name used by Windows in the EAPoL packets is "MDOFT".
So does anybody if there a fix for this problem?

Bye
Tom

  • RE: How to start/stop windows service on a remote machine?
    ... impersonate the client user(authenticated via integrated windows ... authentication in IIS) and access some remote protected resource(windows ... the problem you meet is a typical windows ... want to continue access other remote machine, ...
  • Re: SP1 und Netzwerkauthentifizierung 802.1x
    ... Es gab mal ein Problem wenn das Client Certificat ... 953650 You cannot connect to an 802.1X wired network after you upgrade to Windows XP Service Pack 3 ... 838502 802.1x client authentication fails when you connect to a Windows Server ... IAS Best Practices: ...
    (microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.installation)
  • RE: 802.1x, Computers, Wired Security
    ... client to use EAP-TLS. ... Authentication-Provider = Windows ... Wired 802.1X Authentication failed. ... Network Adapter: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet - Packet Scheduler ...
  • RE: IEEE 802.1x & dynamic vlan assignment
    ... You must configure the 802.1X client to send an EAP-logoff ... user authentication behavior of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. ... - Computer authentication mode. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Sharepoint prompts for login credentials when not necessary
    ... \par Based on my experience, if this issue occurs on all the client, you need to check the Authentication Settings: ... \par Also, add the SharePoint site to your IE trusted zone, and make sure the "Automatic logon with current user name and password" is selected under User Authentication section in the Trusted Sites Security Settings. ... \par You are prompted to enter your credentials when you access an FQDN site by using a Windows Vista-based client computer that has no proxy configured ... \par login prompt and I can get in/open the document or do whatever I was doing. ...