Re: ip/tcp version 6 from microsoft, to install or not ?

"imhotep" <inhotep@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
unstablemicrosoft wrote:

I recently reinstalled a wireless adapter on my computer, and somehow I
got Microsoft's tcp/ip version 6 added to my network. I didn't have it
before, and decided to remove it. So far, no problems.

Do I need this new version ? Will I need to install it ? If so, when ?

Googling this issue didn't help me.

What are the advantages and disadvantages ? Regarding to safety ?

Thank you.

IP version 6 is the newest (not used in the US yet) version of IP. There
are
substantial differences most noteably the length of the address (when
compared to version 4 which is currently used everywhere).

It's used in this part of the US. [My office]

Maybe you mean "not widely used in the US". That I could go for.

Alun.
~~~~
Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email
23921 57th Ave SE | alun@xxxxxxxxxx
Woodinville WA 98072-8661 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers.
Fax/Voice +1(425)807-1787 | Try our NEW client software, WFTPD Explorer.

  • Re: ssl negotiation failed with Microsoft IIS
    ... They can fail when you write first ssl packet header, ... [Please don't email posters, if a Usenet response is appropriate.] ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Security Bug in IE
    ... >people print out the contents of FTP sites, ... [Please don't email posters, if a Usenet response is appropriate.] ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Why does Windows allow Worms?
    ... In article, Bruce Barnett ... [Please don't email posters, if a Usenet response is appropriate.] ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: LogonUser, but no password?
    ... across a network, for instance a client certificate, or a password, but even ... [Please don't email posters, if a Usenet response is appropriate.] ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Security??
    ... It was silly of Jason to claim that he was invulnerable. ... [Please don't email posters, if a Usenet response is appropriate.] ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)