Re: Microsoft User-Modem Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0.0 (Pre-rele

"lfessler" <lfessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what this is or what its use is intended for. I found
it
on my Add/Remove portion of the control panel and presuem that it was
placed
into my system by the automatic update route.

Please help is you can.

I understand this my not be a serious issue, or even a security issue, but
frankly I want to know what it is and have searched every possible way I
know
how on the Microsoft web site and came up with ZERO results.

Thank You
--
Larry D

Do you mean "mode" instead of "modem" ?

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/wdf/UMDF_Intro.mspx

I did some poking around and apparently it comes with Windows Media Player
11 Beta. I have it too.

--
Colin Nash
Microsoft MVP

  • Re: Cant Open Email .wmv file in Attachment
    ... FOLDER OPTIONS CONTROL PANEL." ... I have checked the "Folder Options" in the control panel and there is a .wmv ... Windows Media Player automatically started ...
  • Re: 80040256 error
    ... (speaking for myself and doing this in my free time) ... I was using windows media player just a few hours previous to the ... I went to control panel, ... > device manager. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: need solution for error code C00D11B1
    ... Start, Control Panel, Hardware and Sound ... UNCHECK the box "Allow applications to ... pre-installed Vista Home Premium and Windows Media Player 11. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: will not play DVD
    ... Create an association in the folder option control panel. ... choose DVD movie and select an action (e.g. ... windows media player) or Prompt me. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • Re: HELP - Vista Control Panel problem + other strange things
    ... Microsoft update window will open but closes ... Cannot uninstall programs (since the control panel closes - I tried ... Get a Windows Media Player Network Services has stopped working ... Since I have SP1 installed and cannot use the Retail VISTA CD that I ...