Is it advisable to allow pop3 through internet

My network environment does not have pop3 server nor Exchange pop3 email
service.
Basically, no network or Microsoft require POP3 service.
Recently, some of the user requested to for pop3 service as they claimed
that they cannot access thier internet using email client via pop3. They do
not want to used web-based as it is not so user as email client.
What are the risk if i allow pop3 access to internet?

  • RE: POP3 hangs
    ... regards to POP3 service even trying to start. ... Next time an update needs a reboot I will shutdown first and see if POP3 ... I understand that the POP3 service on your Exchange Server ... To collect system log and application log, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: pop3 server will not restart/start
    ... I have had the same experience of not being able to start Pop3 service--while ... to Exchange Server using the pop3 service. ... I tried restarting the pop3 service on the exchange server. ...
  • Re: SBS2003 - POP3 or other connection for mobile devices
    ... "Administrator" I can connect to POP3 OK using Microsoft Outlook 2003. ... POP3 service is not enabled on the SBS server by default. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Is it advisable to allow pop3 throught internet
    ... My network environment does not have pop3 server nor Exchange pop3 email ... no network or Microsoft require POP3 service. ... that they cannot access thier internet using email client via pop3. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Is it advisable to allow pop3 through internet
    ... My network environment does not have pop3 server nor Exchange pop3 email ... no network or Microsoft require POP3 service. ... that they cannot access thier internet using email client via pop3. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)