Re: Resetting all local policies to default on XP Pro via command line

Unfortunalety I can't have him do that because he is using a Tablet PC
running XP Pro. And somehow the OEM killed safe mode from his list of
options when he hits F8.

"Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Tell him to boot into Safe Mode and logon as an administrator and then to
open Local Security Policy and remove the rules he created but to leave
the first four that are created automatically the reference the system and
program files directory. -- Steve

"Jason Abruzzo" <jason_abruzzo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a client who was tinkering with one of his XP Pro boxes and decided
it would be a good idea to play with SRPs. He neglected to add the mmc to
the list of software he is allowed to use and now he can't get back in to
undo his mistake. Can anybody help me out?

  • Document recovery
    ... Have been working on a Visio doc (2003 Pro) for a couple of weeks. ... Somehow, ... know if there is a way to retrieve the doc with latest modifications. ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.general)
  • Re: The Great OS Upodate
    ... I have a desktop with twice that much RAM but somehow I thought XP ... I recall running XP Pro on 256k. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • I need MVP margin help!
    ... I have Outlook 2002 ... with windows xp pro. ... Somehow I managed to change my ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: XP cd
    ... I have this XP pro cd which is registered in my name. ... I would like to rebuilt my XP box but somehow CD has scratch marks on it ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.academic)