Re: White screen and corrupt programs and drivers

MAGOS NICKOLAS wrote:

I also considered this possibility and the chances of my computer
having a virus which no major antivirus software manufacturer can
detect is indeed
quite remote. However, it seems quite odd to me that the laptop
monitor is white at angle of 50 degress or more and readable at less
than 50 degrees
from closure. At the same time my video card diriver/software bundle
went corrupt, adobe software corrupt and norton antivirus 2005 worm
signature
updates also corrupt. Isnt this too much of a coincidence to really
be a
coincidence? Even if some monitors have this ability(absolutely
crazy) to work partially how can one explain the corrupt programs on
the same boot
procedure. Let me remind you, both monitor and programs were workin
perfectly the day before!!!!!!! Also, i have never heard of a
hardware failure corruping programs!

It isn't odd at all that the monitor is readable at one angle and not at
another. All the video wiring is in that interstice between the screen
and the main body of the laptop. What you are describing is symptomatic
of broken hardware.

Yes, hardware failure can certainly corrupt software.

I'm sorry that my answer was not one that you wanted to hear, but I
stand with what I said. Another solution would be to take it to a local
professional - not someone at your version of BigStoreUSA - and get a
hands-on diagnosis.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: White screen and corrupt programs and drivers
    ... having a virus which no major antivirus software manufacturer can ... went corrupt, adobe software corrupt and norton antivirus 2005 worm ... both monitor and programs were workin ... hardware failure can certainly corrupt software. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: SUSE 9.1 new install, distorted/ugly fonts
    ... I managed to corrupt something so badly I can no longer get into ... > Envision 7100si) is not directly supported, and no linux drivers seem ... The whole idea that a monitor requires a "driver" is braindead. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: windows server2003 port8080
    ... flatlines the machine. ... Odd. ... Corrupt netstat.exe binary? ... I should imagine it has to do some ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Corrupt or missing file
    ... File is missing or corrupt: ... unplugged the monitor with no luck. ...
  • Re: Monitor settings during install good; After install bad
    ... Can you get the horizontal and vertical sync rates for your monitor? ... > What are the monitor settings during installation of Fedora Core (in ... > using X Windows during install? ... and also had a corrupt screen. ...
    (Fedora)