Problems with the efs performance

Hi,

I just recently activated efs on a few sensible folders which contain
chat logs and other sort of private information. The chat client starts
up at boot time and of course accesses the directory+files at this
time. During boot up of the client the software just stops dead for 1-2
minutes hanging up the whole system. (Literally the only thing that
actually works is the mouse pointer) Process Explorer doesn't report
any increase in process activity (and hangs up at the same time as
well). This leads me to suspect that during the initial access of the
encrypted files some sort of kernel driver waits for something to
happen and then times out after which everything then continues
happily. Does anyone have an idea or a pointer what I could do to solve
the problem? I would hate to have to rely on a different encryption
technology.

Thanks,
Eddie

  • Re: Booting sparkly new F12 install, error 13 from grub.
    ... I was forgetting the other common reason for that sort of thing: ... Can you change network hardware around? ... Now I'm playing at trying to get a Mint8, 64 bit install to boot from a hard ... Tim, if this is fedora's version of vendor lock-in, it is NOT pretty. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Sysinternals 8.20 Autoruns
    ... yes - if more people took a little bit of time to do that sort ... Most people can use something like Autoruns perfectly easily. ... they all try to Set themselves up to Automatically Run at Boot up. ... Yes, MSConfig can be used to do a similar sort of thing, but MSConfig ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Registry cleaners?
    ... It asked if I would like to sort at startup so I selected yes, ... Is it possible to properly boot into DOS or will I have to make a boot disk? ... I've never had any of that sort of trouble... ... A lot of money is tainted: ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • what does "boot in safe mode" enable / disable?
    ... Xen environment. ... I solved this, sort of. ... I tried booting it in "safe mode" ... that would allow the system to boot successfully? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: msnchat threats
    ... another user who knows about the "Boot caode" for that client. ... are exploits that can cuase a chat client to crash. ... This usually pisses people off and gets you flamed. ...