Problems with the efs performance

Hi,

I just recently activated efs on a few sensible folders which contain
chat logs and other sort of private information. The chat client starts
up at boot time and of course accesses the directory+files at this
time. During boot up of the client the software just stops dead for 1-2
minutes hanging up the whole system. (Literally the only thing that
actually works is the mouse pointer) Process Explorer doesn't report
any increase in process activity (and hangs up at the same time as
well). This leads me to suspect that during the initial access of the
encrypted files some sort of kernel driver waits for something to
happen and then times out after which everything then continues
happily. Does anyone have an idea or a pointer what I could do to solve
the problem? I would hate to have to rely on a different encryption
technology.

Thanks,
Eddie

.