Do you have a dns server on your network? If you do setup reverse zones and
these connections will disappear.

MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Grumpy wrote:
Ok boffins and computer techies and "blackhole" servers.

1. TCP and UDP up & downloads, they appear to be wasting my band
width are they and should I worry?

2. Any simple way in XP to close all the ports they are using, and
should I even bother trying?

3. The more I read about them the more confussed I get, it appears
there are just "leaky" private intranets, deciding to take a short cut
through my PC?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Event ID 40960 + 40961 / SPNEGO
    ... Do you have reverse zones setup on your DNS server? ... MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User ...
  • Re: LSASRV ID 40961 - DNS or WINS issue?
    ... Microsoft MVP - Shell/User ... workstations pointing to both DNS servers for fault tolerance. ... "Kerry Brown" wrote: ... lookup zones on the DNS server. ...