Re: how to know when new apps are installed in workstations

Santos wrote:

Hiya,

I need to know if is possible to recive a notice from a network
computer warning that a new program or aplication has been installed
by the user of that machine.

This to control every software that runs on the computers in the
network..

I'll let the server gurus answer if this is possible, but why would you
allow your users to install software anyway?

You haven't told us if your network is a domain or Workgroup and if
domain, what server operating system (and Service Pack level) you are
running. You also haven't told us what operating systems (and Service
Pack levels if NT-based) your workstations are running.

Post back with more details for focused help.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: Problem with Accessing One Computer on a 4-Computer Home Netwo
    ... As it was a recent O/S install -- and very little user ... installation of Windows XP Pro. ... I'm working on a customer's wireless home network that has 4 computers ...
  • Re: No Longer Can Print to Network Printer And ...
    ... Do all three computers on the network use Windows XP? ... spooler any more or install printers. ... Add/Remove always asks for the CD to do the uninstall, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • No Longer Can Print to Network Printer And ...
    ... The other two computers print to the Lexmark via sharing. ... While I can see the printer over the network, ... spooler any more or install printers. ... Add/Remove always asks for the CD to do the uninstall, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Need help with Server 2000
    ... OK this fixed the networking problem the computers see each others shared ... NETWORK Adapter so she selected it along with other updates, ... THIS IS MY PROBLEM I have try'd uninstalling and reinstalling the driver ... downloaded latest for manual install. ...
  • Re: cant share files/printer over network
    ... and to un install. ... Make sure that the problem is with JOLAPTOP, ... access the computers in my network by name. ...