Re: ActiveX Problems

goobmeister wrote:

There are m-a-n-y with my Dell PII 233 Mhz laptop, WIN98.

Another site is working hard to help me resolve them, but thus far, no
soap...one thing I've been assured of is that I have some pretty
heavy-duty nasties bogging my admittedly old system down...but two
major sites to which I've been pointed (emsisoft.com &
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pestscan/) can't get untracked
because I'm told that ActiveX isn't installed on my system. I've
checked and rechecked and rechecked my Internet and Trusted Sites
settings as prescribed on JFitz's page to no avail.

Also, Pandasoftware, Trend-Micro, CA's Pestscan, et al, can't get
downloaded/started because of no ActiveX interface!!!!!!!!!!!

So your question isn't really about ActiveX but about removing malware
on a Win98 laptop?

Go through these malware removal steps systematically:

You will see from the instructions that you must get all tools/updates
from a different, known-clean machine and run all scans in Safe Mode. I
don't recommend using online scanners to clean infested machines.

If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a professional
computer repair shop (not your local version of BigStoreUSA).

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

  • Re: Information Bar
    ... I'm having the same problem and this did not resolve my problem. ... working on and don't involve any ActiveX controls....pretty much just ... >>>Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit. ...
  • Re: Error in Internet Exploxer 6.0
    ... To allow any Website to run Scripts and ActiveX controls on your computer: ... Open Internet Explorer ... If these steps do not resolve your problem, please post back to this thread ... Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers. ...
  • Re: Using ActiveX on web-page (Pocket IE; Windows Mobile 2003)
    ... the eVC groups. ... > I use this ActiveX on web-page. ... > What can I do for resolve this problem? ... The same situation is when I try to use ADO objects (Connection or ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: Using ActiveX on web-page (Pocket IE; Windows Mobile 2003)
    ... Does your ActiveX control correctly implement IObjectSafety - this is ... > What can I do for resolve this problem? ... The same situation is when I try to use ADO objects (Connection or ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)