Re: Windows Defender (Beta 2): Definitions Update Problem

Vishal Kaushik wrote:

Hi,

I am using Windows Defender (Beta 2) and when I open it I see
following message on home screen.

(snip - posted to wrong newsgroup)

Please post in one of the newsgroups specifically set up for the *beta*
(software that isn't finished and is still in the bug-checking phase)
Windows Defender program.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/newsgroups/default.mspx

These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP.

To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following
information for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):

- NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
- Account name: privatenews\spyware
- Password: spyware

NOTE: No password will be required via the HTTP link.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: Microsoft AntiSpyware
    ... Please post your question in one of the newsgroups set up specifically ... for the Beta MS AntiSpyware program. ... support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows ... These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: M/S Anti-Spyware Beta
    ... Secondly, it is, as you know, a beta product meaning that it's for testing ... For future reference there have been newsgroups setup specifically for the ... support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware ... These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: finding lost files
    ... This is a known issue with the MS beta AntiSpyware (and remember, ... You can try posting your question in one of the newsgroups set ... These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: About Hotmail
    ... The beta newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP. ...
  • Re: Windows Defender wont install after Claen-Install of OS
    ... I carried out a clean-install yesterday (reformat of HD and re-install ... I am unable to get Windows Defender to install (it had been ... These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)