Re: LogonUser, impersonation and SHGetFolderPath

doug wrote:
I am trying to follow Microsoft's recommendations to run as a limited
user. As a limited user, I have a program that calls LogonUser (using
a user in the administrators group) and ImpersonateLoggedOnUser -
both of which succeed. If I call SHGetFolderPath (CSIDL_APPDATA), the
call will fail. If I call RevertToSelf and then call SHGetFolderPath,
it works as you would expect.

Have you tried calling LoadUserProfile()?

Alun.
~~~~
Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email
23921 57th Ave SE | alun@xxxxxxxxxx
Washington WA 98072-8661 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers.
Fax/Voice +1(425)807-1787 | Try our NEW client software, WFTPD Explorer.

  • Re: ssl negotiation failed with Microsoft IIS
    ... They can fail when you write first ssl packet header, ... [Please don't email posters, if a Usenet response is appropriate.] ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Security Bug in IE
    ... >people print out the contents of FTP sites, ... [Please don't email posters, if a Usenet response is appropriate.] ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Why does Windows allow Worms?
    ... In article, Bruce Barnett ... [Please don't email posters, if a Usenet response is appropriate.] ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: LogonUser, but no password?
    ... across a network, for instance a client certificate, or a password, but even ... [Please don't email posters, if a Usenet response is appropriate.] ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Security??
    ... It was silly of Jason to claim that he was invulnerable. ... [Please don't email posters, if a Usenet response is appropriate.] ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)