Re: Spoofing a fingerprint scanner - NEWBIE()

One caution...
Not intended as a security device to protect financial data etc.
Use only for convenience.
See the note at the bottom of this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/features/fingerprint.mspx

That may answer your question.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

<shamilton72@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to spoof a fingerprint scanner, I am
particularly referring to the relatively cheap ones that you can get on
a computer mouse.

For a relatively cheap implementation of this system in order to log
onto a PC using a normal login ID and your scanned print, is there a
standard for how much data is required for each scanned print and in an
organisation of say 5,000 would the search be virtually instenteanous?

I would have thought fingerprint scanners built into computer mice
would be susceptible to dust and scratches (I'm thinking of a place
like a university where PC's have multiple users).

Regards,

Sarah Hamilton.

  • Spoofing a fingerprint scanner - NEWBIE()
    ... I was wondering if it is possible to spoof a fingerprint scanner, ... For a relatively cheap implementation of this system in order to log ... standard for how much data is required for each scanned print and in an ... I would have thought fingerprint scanners built into computer mice ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Spoofing fingerprint scanners - NEWBIE()
    ... I was wondering if it is possible to spoof a fingerprint scanner, ... For a relatively cheap implementation of this system in order to log ... standard for how much data is required for each scanned print and in an ... I would have thought fingerprint scanners built into computer mice ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Spoofing a fingerprint scanner - NEWBIE()
    ... I was wondering if it is possible to spoof a fingerprint scanner, ... For a relatively cheap implementation of this system in order to log ... onto a PC using a normal login ID and your scanned print, ... rendering a shared device like this either inoperative or too disgusting for ...
    (microsoft.public.security)