Re: Microsoft Says Recovery from Malware Becoming Impossible

Imhotep wrote:
Michael D. Ober wrote:

The only OS that this warning doesn't appear to apply to is OpenVMS.
Linux (and by extension, Mac OS-X) and Unix are also subject to this
same problem.

What kind of 'stuff' are you smoking???? Do you have any idea how
stupid you sound?

I have been using Linux for 10 years, never caught anything. If I had
a dollar everytime I caught something on Windows I could retire very
wealthy. The truth is that malware is 99.9 % a Windows problem. So
stop lying about it!

Where's the "lie"? Where's the "stupid"?

This warning - that malware can leave such insidious and subtle traces on a
system that you can't guarantee to have found and removed them all - _is_
applicable to all systems. Possibly excluded are systems that exclusively
use write-once storage (CD-Rs, for example), and thus have an audit trail
from the moment they were first turned on to right now.

Let's remember that the very term "rootkit" came from the Unix world.

Alun.
~~~~
Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email
23921 57th Ave SE | alun@xxxxxxxxxx
Washington WA 98072-8661 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers.
Fax/Voice +1(425)807-1787 | Try our NEW client software, WFTPD Explorer.

  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ UNIX COURSE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... and aix unix course free administration ... and programming plan unix shell course ... course linux unix online administration system ...
    (sci.bio.ecology)
  • Re: The Problems With Linux
    ... > Here are the problems with Linux: ... programmers of UNIX, Open Source software, and Shareware. ... programs only available from BSD. ... BSD code is used by Microsoft in it's Windows NT/9x/2K/XP code. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: hmm..
    ... I checked definitely do not have any UNIX history to them. ... (ie I think "real UNIX" has SIGBUS at 10, while Linux didn't originally ... the "ctype" name comes "character type", and the ... the "ctype" interfaces are defined by the C standard library. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] CyberInsecurity: The cost of Monopoly
    ... I've used UNIX, ... I've used/use Linux, ... > inefficient operating system - if most other Windows ... This is why I don't run POS operating systems. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Newbie Experience
    ... I've only been around since FreeBSD 5.4 ... FreeBSD kernel too. ... always sunshine and linux is farts. ... in the hey day of AT&T Unix I'm ...
    (freebsd-questions)