Re: 'anti virus 2006 pop-up

From: "desperate" <desperate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| They say that they have been generated by the windows security centre, if i
| turn off the windows firewall, would that help my problem?
| It is win antivirus, it was winfixer for the first few now, it's changed,
| adn yes theyes you copied is showing up at at times aswell.
| http://www.amaena.com/
| thanks for the support, but i don't think i could have done half the done
| you said to.

I was too hasty. It wasn't a ZLob/SmitFraud Trojan problem it was a Vundo/WinFixer Trojan
problem !

Two phase answer...

Perform Part 1 then perform Part 2

If the first two parts don't work, perform the alternate utility.

It is suggested that you execute each tool in Normal Mode then in Safe Mode.

If you are using any version of Sun Java that is prior to JRE Version 5.0,
then you are strongly urged to remove any/all versions that are prior to JRE
Version 5.0. There are vulnerabilities in them and they are actively being exploited.
This is most likely why you got infected with malware.

Therefore, it is highly suggested that if there are any prior versions of Sun Java
to Version 5 on the PC that they be removed and Sun Java JRE Version 5.0 Update 6
be installed ASAP.

Simple check, look under...
C:\Program Files\Java

The only folder under that folder should be the latest version...

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Part 1
------------
Download Adware-Virtumundo Removal Tool --
http://secured2k.home.comcast.net/tools/VirtumundoBeGone.exe

Information on the Adware-Virtumundo Removal Tool:
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=57049

Part 2
------------
Download WinFixerFix.exe from the URL --
http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/WinFixerFix.exe

Execute; WinFixerFix.exe { Note: You must accept the default of C:\McAfee }
Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

FireWall to enable WGET.EXE to download the needed McAfee related files.

Execute; c:\mcafee\clean.bat
{ or Double-click on 'Clean Link' in c:\mcafee }

A final report in HTML format called C:\mcafee\Normal_ScanReport.HTML or
C:\mcafee\Safe_ScanReport.HTML will be generated. At the end of the scan, it will be
displayed in your browser (Opera, FireFox or Internet Explorer). However, if you are using
WinXP, Win2K or Win2003 your system will be left in a state where you will have to manually
shutdown/reboot the PC. On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser
but your PC will automatically be shutdown. It is suggested that you move the report out of
c:\mcafee before performing another scan.

It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML
report for each session.

ALTERNATE:
--------------

Download Atribune's VUNDOFIX.EXE
http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=4

Save VUNDOFIX.EXE to "C:\" ( C:\VUNDOFIX.EXE ) and execute it from there.

Please Copy and Paste the contents of the HTML Log files;
C:\mcafee\Normal_ScanReport.HTML & C:\mcafee\Safe_ScanReport.HTML in your reply.

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: smitfraud creating fake registry entries??
    ... Download Adware-Virtumundo Removal Tool -- ... Information on the Adware-Virtumundo Removal Tool: ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser ... It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: MDMS.EXE
    ... Please,submit that file to Virus Total and then post the report here: ... and scan your computer for all kind of threats using Panda's online scanner. ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Black Worm Message?
    ... | I am running this panda software right now and it shows that I have 87 ... Download Adware-Virtumundo Removal Tool -- ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser ... It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: www.amaena/sysprotect/WinAntiVirusPro/WinAntiSpyware