Re: 2ND REQUEST : How can I setup anonymous printing on win2k or XP?

In article <OHIJFW8YGHA.500@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, in the
microsoft.public.security news group, Malke <notreally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
says...

Make a Printers user group (if there isn't one already - my Win2k box is
not on right now) and add the users to that group. Then set your
permissions on the printer accordingly. Obviously the users will need
to have accounts on your pseudo-server for authentication. Since you
are using a workgroup, you probably don't have that many users anyway.

If you don't want to make user accounts for individuals on the Win2k box
(perhaps the individuals come and go for ex.), then make a generic user
account on both the "workstations" and the pseudo-server. An example
for a school would be users called "Student" or "Teacher".

This isn't necessary. Just make sure that the guest account is enabled
and that the Everyone group is assigned permissions to the shared
printer.

--
Paul Adare - MVP Virtual Machines
It all began with Adam. He was the first man to tell a joke--or a lie.

  • Re: 2ND REQUEST : How can I setup anonymous printing on win2k or XP?
    ... use of Guest is the way to go. ... to have accounts on your pseudo-server for authentication. ... If you don't want to make user accounts for individuals on the Win2k box ... It all began with Adam. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: No more transition Pack?
    ... Can I use the active directory migration tool for the accounts an file ... permissions, or are there other programs available? ... Adam S. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: File Sharing (again - sorry, Pd)
    ... InTerminal, type umask. ... Back in the good old days, Mac OS X user accounts ... The reason that the file permissions are "resetting" each time the ... that folder inherit the ACLs from the folder. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Security Group Keeps getting removed???
    ... ACL on all security principals (users, groups, and machine accounts) present ... Delegated permissions are not available and inheritance is automatically ... AdminSDHolder Object Affects Delegation of Control for Past Administrator ...
  • Re: Delegating AD Rights (Enable/Disable Accounts)
    ... I will definitely pass it on to my Customer ... user accounts in AD to non-admin staff so that they will be able to ... permissions as Domain User rights will work just fine. ... The UMRA ...