Re: 2ND REQUEST : How can I setup anonymous printing on win2k or XP?

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

How is this printer shared?
Connected directly to the network?
Connected directly to a computer system?

The PC is running Windows 2000 Professional, and the printer is directly
connected to it. It is shared as "printer". I would like any other
computer to be able to print to it regardless of the other computers
username/password.

Also, is the PC within a domain ?

The PC is part of a workgroup.

and when you say without
having to put everyone into "its" userlist do you mean "it" as
the PC ? or as the printer ?

I mean the PC. I could put each persons username/password into the PC's
local users and then it would accept print jobs from these people, but I
would prefer to simply modify the PC so it doesn't care who is trying to
print to it.

Finally, do you mean everyone that might ever be at the location
or everyone that is normally there (an so have accounts) ?

Ever be.

Thanks!!!

Alan
http://www.sadevelopment.com
Home of Partition Boot Manager and Large Drive Tools utilities!

  • Re: Windows CE 5.0 Programatically Set Username / Password
    ... and use StartupCtrl to re-load the DotNet cabs on cold-boot. ... that will Transparently go out to a Network Share and check for Newely ... Username/Password to a limited access username/password which would be able ... remember, from managed code. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • RE: Network Access UserName/Password Lost
    ... Check to see if Internet Connection Firewall shipped in Windows XP is disabled: ... Click Start, click Control Panel, and double click Network Connections. ... Click the Guest account icon, click the Turn On the Guest Account button. ... | How can I remove username/password requirement from WinXP machine? ...
  • Re: Website Works on FTP Program, but not My Network Places?
    ... I had 2 domains, both with web hosting. ... and can access the site with my username/password. ... I go to My Network Places, go to add GWAFed.net like I always have, and it ... the web hosting, and it doesnt work. ...
  • Re: Virtual Directory can read but not write
    ... username/password to access that network share. ... access the network share, I'm able to write just fine. ... without even the implied warranty of merchantability ... How-to: Windows 2000 DNS: ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Outlook Express and LDAP Directory Authentication
    ... I have set up an AD/AM server on our network to provide address book ... but if you attempt to authenticate ... use Windows Address Book (WAB) to access the directory using my ... CAMPUS\aaron username/password, it works fine. ...