Re: Spybot search and destroy scan results.

I'm not to sure if these are false positives. When I was a person who didn't
even know what spyware was (obviously I was crawling with spyware), spybot
S&D detected similar things along with a bevy of other spyware. To get a
more accurate depicition of whether or not it is malware go to the Company
products page of my website. Scroll down to the anti-spyware section and
chose one of the programs. Download, update and run it. Should nothing turn
up then Spybot S& D is displaying false positives.

"Joel" <joelw135atcomcast.net> wrote in message
PopS wrote:
Normal. You apparently use a firewall/av other than the one sent with
XP. This is the disabling of the XP Firewall/av notification that would
happen if the alerts weren't disabled. It prevents an annoyance.
If you are not using a firewall and av, then it's a different story;
you' re probably infected.

HTH,
Pop

"joelw135" <joelw135@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
After running a spywear scan two entries to the registry were found. I
want
to know if these are part of windows, or are they spywear.
"Windows Security Center AntiVirus, Disable Notify"
"Windows Security Center Firewall, Disable Notify"

I am using Mcafee Virus and Firewall, so then this is a normal thing and
Spybot is giving me a false positive.

  • Re: Help on SEARCH with MSN
    ... It is not spyware or any of those as I have them all ... You should periodically defragment your hard drives as well as check them ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: Spyware problems
    ... > spyware, and a link to a removal site. ... Depends on what "no matter what I do" includes... ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Security
    ... Mike mistakenly refers to our product as spyware. ... WeatherBug because we are not. ... > Windows is not the only product you likely have on your PC. ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: RUNDLL error message
    ... Adware found lots of spyware but one particular spyware "Homeoldsp" ... > Windows is not the only product you likely have on your PC. ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ... and I only have one suggestion that end up serving double ...
  • Re: JUST FOR THE RECORD
    ... spyware apps", now ... >Windows is not the only product you likely have on your ... secure your computer ... >firewall can be found here: ...