Re: Windows Update - why no email notification option?

huger wrote:
Why cannot the Automatic Windows Update when it is used on the server
versions have an option to add a couple of email addresses to be notified
when it is necessary to click on an EULA or do a restart for those patches
that need these actions?

huger
toronto, ontario

I agree with Shenan here. And I know a few people at Microsoft (through
Beta testing) so I'll pass your post on to them. One of them was the PM
for the Windows Server 2003 R2 beta (and is currently a PM on the
Vista/Longhorn beta).

Patrick.

  • Re: Donated OS Illegal??
    ... > There was nothing to show that my copy of Word was a beta. ... Who reads the EULA? ... It was simply deactivated by Microsoft ... > when I tried to do a security update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Anyone tried XP SP2 post RC2 build 2162 ??
    ... Okay well you can stop saying NDA cause there's no NDA. ... Since there are no undisclosed features in the POST RC2 build, ... > discussed outside the technical beta newsgroups. ... >> 2) Don't confuse a EULA with a NDA. ...
  • Re: Anyone tried XP SP2 post RC2 build 2162 ??
    ... Okay well you can stop saying NDA cause there's no NDA. ... Since there are no undisclosed features in the POST RC2 build, ... > discussed outside the technical beta newsgroups. ... >> 2) Don't confuse a EULA with a NDA. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Anyone tried XP SP2 post RC2 build 2162 ??
    ... Josh, what has been available to the public is the preview edition. ... discussed outside the technical beta newsgroups. ... > EULA is your software license is terminated. ...