Re: winfixer

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Introduction
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v1.99.1
(http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to use. It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware. **Post your log to http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7, or other appropriate forums for expert analysis, not here.**

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

schmario wrote:
Why hasn't microsoft picked up on this winfixer virus? It looks like a
microsoft product and I have had it for a very long time. I am afraid to
even try to download or use any winfixer.exe or use any other tools other
than authentic microsoft products for the fear or destroying my PC. How
do I get safe help?

schmario

  • Re: computer is infected message
    ... Checking for/Help with Hijackware ... is the preferred tool to use. ... Windows has detected spyware infection! ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Browser Re Direct or Similar
    ... Checking for/Help with Hijackware ... is the preferred tool to use. ... > page loads & then in the background it loads another page that links to a ... > Spyware Adware removal tools with no luck, regards Dave. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Need help on IE6
    ... Checking for/Help with Hijackware ... When all else fails, HijackThis v1.99.1 ... is the preferred tool to use. ... and how can I fix it. ...
  • Re: Starware
    ... Checking for/Help with Hijackware ... is the preferred tool to use. ... It's difficult to remove and my Adaware SE, Spybot S & D, Spyware Blaster, ... Tried a scan with some program from Google ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: IE error messages
    ... Dealing with Trojans & Hijackware ... Check in at Windows Update and install all critical updates & reboot. ... >> is the preferred tool to ...