Re: Task Manager Disabled by Administrator Security Issues
- From: "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE" <franksaunders@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 02:31:17 -0500
"Mike Riordan" <MikeRiordan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I recently recieved the message that my TASK MANAGER was disabled by
the Administrator. As I am the Administrator, I found this very
strange. I restored the Task Manager through the registry, and I
have run McAfee Antivirus, AOL Spyware Protection, MicroTrend online
antivirus scan, and the MS Malware Detection Tool and everything says
my computer is clean. My question is "How do I know if my computer
is clean?" Could a virus change this setting before it was cleaned
or deleted my McAfee?
You still might be infested with malware.
What You Should Know About Spyware
So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
Help with Hijackware
All MS - MVP Sites. http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software.
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
"Anyone who prefers security over freedom deserves neither."
- Prev by Date: Re: Local Admin access through Active Directory
- Next by Date: Re: black worm
- Previous by thread: Local Admin access through Active Directory
- Next by thread: Re: Task Manager Disabled by Administrator Security Issues