critical updates for MS Office, etc. The previous Critical Update
'Express'
button was still there and I clicked on that.
#1- We are told that this NEW "Try Microsoft Update" will replace the the
Critical Update that we are now using. Is that true?
#2- Can we continue to use the 'previous' critical update "Express"
button?
#3- If we do click on the "Try Microsoft Update" button, will we have to
download ActiveX files, etc., so it will work?
#4- If we only want to download the Critical Updates for WinXPsp2, is that
possible? Or would we have to also download other updates for Office,
etc.?
(We never use Office!)
#5- If we do switch to the new "Try Microsoft Update" and we find that we
do
not like it, can we switch back to the previuos Critical Update page that
we
have been using (with the Express and Custom buttons)?......
Please advise because we are quite confused as what to do. We don't want
click on the "Try Microsoft Update" and find out we have to download alot
of
files that we will never use and also, once we click on it, we can never
switch back to the old Critical Update page. (We read the Try Microsoft
Update information page but it did not enlighten us too much. We did post
in
another forum, but think that one was incorrect and that this forum is the
right one.)
Thank you.

  • Re: Critical Updates - "Try Microsoft Update"
    ... "Try Microsoft Update" update button? ... We understand this is a new program for Critical Updates and also included ... Microsoft Update will replace Windows Update whenever you ... the Express and Custom options are available at MU. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Security Update KB931768 "Not applicable" ??
    ... better off relying on Microsoft Update for critical updates your machine ... ~Robear Dyer ... It wont install saying that it doesn't apply to my system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Repeated down load request:Security Update for Microsoft Windows (819696)
    ... Microsoft Update keeps sending a request to download ... critical updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Critical Update
    ... > version of my WinXP is Build Version 5.1. ... >>An easier way to read newsgroup messages: ... >>> see it in the current Critical Updates for download (for ... >>>>Install ALL Critical Updates: ...
  • Re: Download and SAVE critical updates?
    ... :>create my own update CD to use when and if I clean install in the future. ... Then go to Updates for Operating systems, select Windows XP SP1 ... put critical updates in a download basket to download and save. ... I used the Temp Int files method to copy the critical updates I had ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)