Re: Internet Pests

Dogbear wrote:

There are several domains, "affiliatetarget.com",
"e-researchgroup.com", "myinsiderdeals.com" among them that are doing
all they can to screw up my getting things done on the Web. When I
click on links, go back or whatever, they pop up with a marketing scam
representing companies such as Target, Wal-Mart, Victorias Secret,
Starbucks, etc. They want you to sign up for a $500 gift card. I don't
know whether these are worms, trojans, a virus or what. I have a
firewall installed and am about to install an anti-virus program but
in the meantime cannot seem to keep out these domains. Is there any
way to 1) get information on these domains and who owns them, 2)
report these domains as internet abusers, and 3) get rid of this
problem? I tried also to purge out my cookies and temporary internet
files with no success.

Go through the following removal steps systematically:

Because you went online without an antivirus installed, make sure you go
through the preparatory steps and scan with either Sysclean or David
Lipman's Multi-AV as described at the link above.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: I want outlets like this.
    ... screw terminals etc. is far, far more important than aligning your ... the grid tie wires. ... He simply hijacked a circuit at the front of the store and never ... and install anchors or all that hardware. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Original manufactured Defects
    ... tried to install a replacement but I couldn't get the screw to bite. ... His had a problem with the Damsel Tower. ... switch inside the tower we discovered that the diode was backwards. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Original manufactured Defects
    ... tried to install a replacement but I couldn't get the screw to bite. ... His had a problem with the Damsel Tower. ... switch inside the tower we discovered that the diode was backwards. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Can Someone please help me with my Computer stuff? 95948
    ... Cut an access panel in the side of the PC and install blocking so you ... Paint the case with Sherwinn Williams paint, ... upstream GFCI - the one you'll forget about when the receptacle in the ... screw it all the way in. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: WTB: LAH Part 535-5091-01 - Where does one find this?
    ... There should be a "pilot" hole drilled right above the outlane. ... new post should just screw in using a deep well socket or box wrench. ... Do I physically have to drill a hole down in the playfield to install ... like a post should have been installed to help keep the balls in play. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)