Re: Virus...worm...mrbupd.dll

Kathy wrote:

this applicatin was not found; reinstalling the application may fix this

In addition her computer is loading in a temporary profile and states that
she doesn't have security access to get into her profile...the system goes
straight into the temporary profile and bypasses her regular profile option.
She cannot get into any of her programs in the temporary profile. She cannot
find her original system disks.

Any clues anyone can give? How can she get her security back to get into
her profile?

Two things for you. It appears that the mrbupd.dll file is for Need For
Speed Porsche Unlimited (amongst other games), although there could be
other uses for it. Also, the qagent.exe is the Quicken Download
Updater. So, I would venture that if you have Quicken installed, you'll
want to do a repair on it.

As for the temporary profile issue, I'm afraid that I won't be of much
help there. Since I'm not sure whether the profile is her user profile,
or a profile inside of a program (such as Need For Speed).

HTH a little,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Purpose of the STATE key located in users profiles?
    ... User Profile Hive Cleanup ... I logged in with his account and was loaded in with a temporary profile even though hours had passed between the two logins, so UPHClean wasn't able to shut it down. ... I wrote a script that allows an administrator to impersonate a user by copying the user's profile path and setting the administrator's profile path to the user's path. ... Then the next time the administrator logs in, he sees the user's desktop as the user would see it, yet with administrator privileges. ...
  • Re: Spontaneous Reversion to Factory Settings?
    ... My applications seem still to be here, ... user logs on but is given a "temporary" profile for no obvious reason. ... have you tried a logoff/logon? ... that you were given a temporary profile so your personalizations were ...
  • Re: disabling tempory profiles
    ... two settings "log users off when roaming profile fails" and "wait for roaming ... > temporary profile that has no policies and can get around ... > the login process. ...
  • Re: Temporary Profiles
    ... What you should do first is at the cmd prompt run ... "chkdsk /r". ... "The system could not load your profile and will log you in with a ... And a temporary profile is created a shutdown and a reboot generally ...
  • Re: Re: Purpose of the STATE key located in users profiles?
    ... If you ignore the 8000h bit, this is a new local administrator. ... want to know when a user gets logged in with a temporary profile. ... NOT trying to figure out why the user got logged in with a temp profile ... Windows Server MVP ...