Re: I'm showing up on the network with a minint-xxxxxx address

Addition to last reply its this computer (10.10.10.106 col-xp4) seen from
surfcontrol as (10.10.10.106 minint-ids6pr)

"Roger Abell [MVP]" <mvpNoSpam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
Which computer name ?? The name as seen how ?
As Steve requested, ipconfig output would clear all up.
For example, if you are getting the IP from the ISP and
they are changing the IP and if you are viewing the "name"
so that you are seeing the hostname from the DNS entry
for the IP, then that would explain what you report.

"Col" <usesmob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Its the computer name, sorry.
The IP address is always the same.

"Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
What is actually changing the computer name or IP address? Your post
subject says address and then you say name?? If the computer is using
DHCP it could have a different IP address at each startup though
unlikely because of address leases being 8 days by default I believe but
the DHCP server could have shorter lease times. If you could post the
results of ipconfig /all before and after a reboot then that could be
helpful information. --- Steve

"Col" <usesmob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi all,

My computer is showning up on the network with a minint-xxxxxx username
where xxxxxx is random characters, different each time I boot.

This is causing problems with network monitoring.

Is there a reason for this behavior and can it be fixed to use my
computer
username.

Regards Col

.