Re: Need help choosing AV Please

Absolutely. Caveat emptor no matter where you get your information.
Especially if it comes from the White House. But now I getting off on a

Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Notan" <notan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ted Zieglar wrote:

Maybe I have it in for Symantec so I'm going to trash Norton Antivirus
though it provides outstanding antivirus protection? Or maybe I work for
TrendMicro's advertising agency? Or maybe I don't know the first thing
antivirus software but I'll spread my opinions anyway? At least with a
magazine you know the people who are doing the reporting, and you know
they did the testing.

There a dozens of websites, if not more, reviewing antivirus software.
none of them any good?

I didn't say none of them are any good... My exact quote was "One downside
to using magazines..."

Many people take what magazines say as The Gospel. I'm just saying, take
what they say with a grain of salt... They're not as unbiased as they like
to portray themselves.