Re: Need help choosing AV Please

Ted Zieglar wrote:

Maybe I have it in for Symantec so I'm going to trash Norton Antivirus even
though it provides outstanding antivirus protection? Or maybe I work for
TrendMicro's advertising agency? Or maybe I don't know the first thing about
antivirus software but I'll spread my opinions anyway? At least with a
magazine you know the people who are doing the reporting, and you know how
they did the testing.

There a dozens of websites, if not more, reviewing antivirus software. Are
none of them any good?

<snip>

I didn't say none of them are any good... My exact quote was "One downside
to using magazines..."

Many people take what magazines say as The Gospel. I'm just saying, take
what they say with a grain of salt... They're not as unbiased as they like
to portray themselves.

Notan

  • Re: problems with muti-identities in OE
    ... We do have antivirus running. ... Accounts 2,3, and 4 show the same thing in the ... If you have antivirus software scanning email, ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, ...
  • Re: email text/content wont display
    ... >>Disable email scanning in your antivirus product, ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, Microsoft has now set OE to block all attachments. ... If you choose to adjust OE to allow attachments, make sure you save the attachment to disk first and then scan it with your antivirus software. ...
  • List of Free Antivirus Software to protect system from threats
    ... Antivirus software is an essential application software to protect ... With increasing of malware and virus, ... which further cause conflicts and even reduce protection. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: svchst.exe
    ... Many antivirus software do download from their site, ... It is absolutely definite that it is the antivirus downloads that is the ... it is the antivirus updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: virus alert
    ... AntiVirus software usually does not handle Spyware/Adware/Malware as well as ... where a popup is truly necessary and needed by you. ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores to about ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)