Re: Pix Firewall question

If you can send email to some addresses but not others, that doesn't sound
like a problem of a port being closed. That would cause all email to fail.
When doing email testing, I would get on your email server [if you have one]
and use TELNET to see what is going on. Google for something like "telnet
smtp helo" to get instructions on what SMTP commands you can type in a
telnet session to send an email and watch what happens. You may also want
to use the "advanced" DNS lookup link at www.network-tools.com to find the
MX mail servers for that domain, to know where to telnet to. But basically
if you telnet to the remote email server successfully, you know right away
it doesn't sound like a firewall problem.

"Carl Gross" <CarlGross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have been having problems sending e-mail to a specific e-mail address.
When I send it to the address from my workstation, I get a NDR error
(5.7.1).
However, I can send it from my personal e-mail account.

I understand that having certain ports on a Pix firewall closed can goof
up
e-mail. What ports need to be open and how do I check to see if they are?

  • Re: ADI AD1888 AC97 audio CODEC on ASUS P4P800S
    ... > I think the sound muted by default. ... using the latest Gnome 2 from the ports, was using the gnome cd player ... pci0: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib0 ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • the shooting once again Hassan Muhammad AL-Shehhis fragment
    ... Guglielmo and Founasse tended the causal ... ports on top of liberal grandfather. ... Iman, in general observations ... Joaquim relys carbons in support of Hassan's sound. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: I have some questions about telnet/telnetd/libtelnet/tn3270 and why FreeBSD is different than ot
    ... I've had a license to punt this to ports for _years_. ... Rambler produced hits logged several years before; ... version of telnet. ... Things like 3270 terminals are ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • is this real?
    ... Interesting ports on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: ... me, telnet online, finger talks to the whole world and so on.... ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Ruck type sound ports
    ... the room but I find the main value to be the added sound for the ... at least in relation to the classical guitar. ... attached to the idea of ports is a limiting experience. ...  Also I'm more of a touchy feely player. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)