Re: Internet Explorer is trying to change your network settings by mod

Is the online scan using IE?

Do you ever see this alert otherwise?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Security, Shell/User)

Rocky wrote:
I routinely execute several different scans in an effort to catch variations
of spyware and, otherwise, malware that may have infected my systems. On at
least a couple of occassions, while executing Symantec's on line scan, I
have encountered a Zone Alarm Suspicious Behavior Alert stating "Internet
Explorer is trying to change your network settings by modifying the file:
WINDRVDIR\etc\hosts".

Does anyone have a clue what's going on with this? Why would IE have any
business trying to change the hosts file?

Thanks

.