192.168.7.2
192.168.7.3
192.168.7.4
Gateway
192.168.7.1
Subnet mask
255.255.255.0

"Roger Abell [MVP]" wrote:

> Verify that the IPs in use on all systems are in fact in the same subnet
> as determined by the subnet mask.
>
> "Russ" <Russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Windows OneCare Live has firewall settings to allow file sharing with the
> > local subnet only- a good idea! But it doesn't seem to work. On my home
> > network with three PCs, file sharing worked fine until installing OneCare
> > on
> > the new HP notebook. Now this machine won't share anything, though the
> > settings say that the firewall is configured for file sharing. Have
> > others
> > had this problem?
> >
> > A few days later I opened the firewall settings to allow sharing with all
> > computers (even those on the internet, (as it warns)) and it does share
> > with
> > the home computers all right. Does this local subnet restriction not work
> > correctly in OneCare Live? The notebook computer has XP Home and the
> > others
> > have XP Professional. May this be the difference?
> >
> > Russ

  • RE: Cross-domain browsing
    ... are replicated to all WINS servers. ... 136712 Common Questions About Browsing with Windows ... >linked using RRAS VPN demand-dial connection and each is in its own subnet. ... >correctly in both domains and for computers in either domain. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Networks
    ... Verify that the IPs exist on the same subnet by looking at the subnet ... After you are able to Ping by IP, you can try to Ping by Name. ... > How can i create a network with two windows xp machines? ... > computers on, when one of them is in windows, it says ...
  • Re: Puzzling Subnet Browsing Issue with ISA 2004
    ... ISA not letting through queries on ports 137-139? ... > subnet cannot browse computers on another subnet within the lan. ... The client computers can see all the other machines in ...
    (microsoft.public.isaserver)
  • Re: Cannot brows My network Places
    ... About 70 computers and servers on the subnet. ... I also have McAfee running on my whole network with on access scanner ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: OneCare Live file sharing
    ... Verify that the IPs in use on all systems are in fact in the same subnet ... > Windows OneCare Live has firewall settings to allow file sharing with the ... file sharing worked fine until installing OneCare ... > the home computers all right. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)