Surfing with User privileges

Apparently a person cannot use these newsgroups operating their computer
without administrator privileges. Just now I tried to post a new message
with only limited privileges and could not get the dialog box for writing the
new post to come up. This limitation hinders good security practice. I
turned on the “allow pop-ups from this site” but that didn’t work, and I
turned on “temporarily allow pop-ups from this site” but that didn’t do it
either!

In our home and business we are trying to use our computers with limited
privileges more and more, to protect the current Windows setup and avoid
spyware and adware. If programs used daily won’t operate properly with these
limited rights it makes operation frustrating.

Russ

  • RE: Surfing with User privileges
    ... They usually operate correctly.At our firm we also use limited user accounts ... "Russ" wrote: ... > Apparently a person cannot use these newsgroups operating their computer ... > without administrator privileges. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Surfing with User privileges
    ... > Apparently a person cannot use these newsgroups operating their ... > computer without administrator privileges. ... > a new message with only limited privileges and could not get the ... I turned on the "allow pop-ups from ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: AppleScript launching of Wish Shell doesnt work...
    ... them with AppleScript/administrator privileges, ... I could simply build a shell script and launch it with sudo with ... So...I was trying to use AppleScript to do it with the "do shell ... with administrator privileges" option. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: turn off user account control
    ... Another possibility is that the developers might not be using the least privileges that their software needs and instead required Administrator privileges. ... what is requiring admin rights to run is old legacy COM solutions. ...
  • Re: Users not sharing dialup ??
    ... If this is his home computer any reason as to why he should not have Admin ... >Administrator Privileges, When switch to a Normal user account the dial up ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)