RE: Surfing with User privileges

They usually operate correctly.At our firm we also use limited user accounts
for those guys that don't know what are doing and it's all fine.

Panda_man
--
Prevention is always better than cure !
Panda TruPrevent - the most intelligent technology to combat unknown malware

"Russ" wrote:

> Apparently a person cannot use these newsgroups operating their computer
> without administrator privileges. Just now I tried to post a new message
> with only limited privileges and could not get the dialog box for writing the
> new post to come up. This limitation hinders good security practice. I
> turned on the “allow pop-ups from this site” but that didn’t work, and I
> turned on “temporarily allow pop-ups from this site” but that didn’t do it
> either!
>
> In our home and business we are trying to use our computers with limited
> privileges more and more, to protect the current Windows setup and avoid
> spyware and adware. If programs used daily won’t operate properly with these
> limited rights it makes operation frustrating.
>
> Russ

  • Re: Surfing with User privileges
    ... > Apparently a person cannot use these newsgroups operating their ... > computer without administrator privileges. ... > a new message with only limited privileges and could not get the ... I turned on the "allow pop-ups from ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Surfing with User privileges
    ... Apparently a person cannot use these newsgroups operating their computer ... without administrator privileges. ... to protect the current Windows setup and avoid ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Deleting faxes from MS fax
    ... > can grant these privileges in the Security Tab. ... Thanks Russ. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.fax)