Re: Windows One Care Beta
- From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net>
- Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:00:21 -0500
From: "Alexer" <Alexer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| I downloaded WOC Beta and about 2 weeks later uninstalled it. After
| uninstall, reboot, and sign on (and every sign on since) I get an error
| message that says: Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe' . Make sure you
| typed the name correctly, and then try again....When I did a search for the
| file I found it. It was a quarantineed file by WOC Beta. It let me delete the
| file, but I still get this warning each time I sign on. How do I get rid of
| this warning? Thank you. Alex.
You don't want nail.exe -- it is malware.
Execute MSCONFIG.EXE and go to the StartUp tab.
Disable the line item that loads it then reboot.
- Prev by Date: Re: Surfing with User privileges
- Next by Date: Re: External LDAPS connection help
- Previous by thread: Re: Windows One Care Beta
- Next by thread: OneCare Live file sharing