Re: Windows One Care Beta

From: "Alexer" <Alexer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| I downloaded WOC Beta and about 2 weeks later uninstalled it. After
| uninstall, reboot, and sign on (and every sign on since) I get an error
| message that says: Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe' . Make sure you
| typed the name correctly, and then try again....When I did a search for the
| file I found it. It was a quarantineed file by WOC Beta. It let me delete the
| file, but I still get this warning each time I sign on. How do I get rid of
| this warning? Thank you. Alex.

You don't want nail.exe -- it is malware.

Execute MSCONFIG.EXE and go to the StartUp tab.

Disable the line item that loads it then reboot.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Windows One Care Beta
    ... You could try downloading autoruns from www.sysinternals.com to ... > uninstall, reboot, and sign on I get an error ... It was a quarantineed file by WOC Beta. ... but I still get this warning each time I sign on. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Failure to run setup.exe files from CD-roms
    ... "nass" wrote: ... for the DVD-ROM and reboot and see if windows will detect it. ... not Add/Remove programs that different and uninstall your DVD from there ... I am able to install other software from the drives. ...
  • Re: WIA and hibernation again
    ...   CCleaner is good for this since ... it shows more information in a bigger display and CCLeaner has other ... it, I would uninstall it. ... If you see those IS things after reboot, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: OT - Quicktime7 causes unavoidable reboots
    ... it made the PC reboot. ... The Software Update program is intended to update all Apple software, ... uninstalled Quicktime, did you also uninstall the program "Apple Software ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Busted Internet Connection
    ... you may want to uninstall it. ... Also, after reboot, you ... > After I upgraded Zone Alarm, my internet connection was still working fine ... > followed the instructions under troubleshooting in the ZA help files, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)