Re: Windows One Care Beta

From: "Alexer" <Alexer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| I downloaded WOC Beta and about 2 weeks later uninstalled it. After
| uninstall, reboot, and sign on (and every sign on since) I get an error
| message that says: Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe' . Make sure you
| typed the name correctly, and then try again....When I did a search for the
| file I found it. It was a quarantineed file by WOC Beta. It let me delete the
| file, but I still get this warning each time I sign on. How do I get rid of
| this warning? Thank you. Alex.

You don't want nail.exe -- it is malware.

Execute MSCONFIG.EXE and go to the StartUp tab.

Disable the line item that loads it then reboot.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Windows One Care Beta
    ... You could try downloading autoruns from www.sysinternals.com to ... > uninstall, reboot, and sign on I get an error ... It was a quarantineed file by WOC Beta. ... but I still get this warning each time I sign on. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Failure to run setup.exe files from CD-roms
    ... "nass" wrote: ... for the DVD-ROM and reboot and see if windows will detect it. ... not Add/Remove programs that different and uninstall your DVD from there ... I am able to install other software from the drives. ...
  • Re: WIA and hibernation again
    ...   CCleaner is good for this since ... it shows more information in a bigger display and CCLeaner has other ... it, I would uninstall it. ... If you see those IS things after reboot, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Busted Internet Connection
    ... you may want to uninstall it. ... Also, after reboot, you ... > After I upgraded Zone Alarm, my internet connection was still working fine ... > followed the instructions under troubleshooting in the ZA help files, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: KB923694 still keeps installing
    ... Reboot into normal mode. ... KB941202 is listed in Add/Remove programs. ... You know when you told me to install everything, ... Uninstall "Security Update for Windows XP " via Add/Remove ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)