Re: strange encryption behavior

Willem wrote:
> Larry wrote:
> > I would prefer not putting the certificates into the GAL.
>
> If Joe is also present in the GAL, the easiest way is for Joe to publish
> his certificate in it (one click of a button in Outlook). What's against
> publishing the certificate in the GAL anyway?

Just out of curiosity, how would I publish my cert in the GAL?

As for the reason... my org does not officially support secure email
and I'm kind of doing some "under the radar" experimenting at this
point.

  • Re: Client certificate error with web services
    ... The number of times that client certificate issues turn out to be easy to ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Assuming that the CNs are the same in both certs, ... Authentication is via client certificates. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: ADFS Token-signing Certs Not in Trusted Root Store
    ... This is good info, Joe. ... So now I know that the token-signing certificate is ... Get a signing cert from a CA ... case, you never have to worry about expiration or CRL checking, as your cert ...
  • Re: LDAPS
    ... Look for errors from schannel in the System event log on the client machine ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... is the certificate you issued matches the ... installed on the DCs local cert store? ...
  • Re: pki - Event 80 I just cant find anyone who can shed light on this!
    ... This isn't really a .NET question. ... Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... Certificate Services could not publish a Certificate for request 78104 to ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: PKI in .net Program
    ... Thanks Joe. ... certificate to the HttpWebRequest object was no problem. ... me a while to figure out how to access my client certificate from the ... So now I'm using PKI to authenticate the client to the server & vice ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)