Re: strange encryption behavior

Larry wrote:
I am getting the following strange behavior in Outlook 2003 SP1 on XP
Pro.

I have previously received signed emails from my friend "Joe" who is in
the GAL (although his certficicate is not in the GAL)  I can see his
certificate in Certificate Manager, under Other People, and it is
reported there as OK.  I have also previously sent him signed and
encrypted emails successfully.

When Joe sends you a signed e-mail, add the contact Joe to your (local) contacts in Outlook (right mouse on sender and 'add to contacts'). This will also add the certificate in the contact properties in Outlook. Encryption should work from now on.

<SNIP>

I would prefer not putting the certificates into the GAL.

If Joe is also present in the GAL, the easiest way is for Joe to publish his certificate in it (one click of a button in Outlook). What's against publishing the certificate in the GAL anyway?

I already tried the registry modifications recommended in:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;870564&spid=2520&sid=216#kb5

but it did not help.

Willem .

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Outlook RPC over HTTp deosnt work
    ... Go to remote web workplace (or Outlook Web Access), accept the certificate prompt, 'view', and 'install' the certificate - accepting all the defaults. ... > when you try to use RPC over HTTP to connect the Exchange Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RPC over HTTP
    ... We have already set up Outlook Web Access and purchase a SSL Certificate ... I have used the "outlook.exe /rpcdiag" to see if it uses the HTTP ... firewall through to the exchange server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Infinite series of login prompts for Outlook Anywhere
    ... I went to GoDaddy and bought a single-domain certificate on which ... my SBS server is the only name. ... And now Outlook Anywhere works from ... SBS 2008 Standard, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Outlook HTTPS over RPC error - Inconsistent users
    ... If the clients are using Outlook with PRC over HTTP and issue ONLY occurs ... issue which means it might be a client Outlook configuration or workstation ... over HTTPS because there is a problem with the certificate assigned to the ... With RPC over HTTPS no such pop up ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: certificate problem with outlook 2007
    ... certificate but using the certificate that generated by CECIW. ... On the Outlook 2007 client Windows Vista computer, ... Re-configure a Outlook 2007 profile for PRC over HTTP and try again to ... How to Create an Outlook Profile for Users to Use with RPC over HTTP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)