Re: Local security policy

www.microsoft.com/gp
links to most content related to group policy.

You should review the capabilities of group policy, keeping
in mind that local group policy is much more limited than is
Active Directory based group policy's GPO usage.

In particular, anything that you set with local group policy
in a workgroup machine will control all accounts (i.e. that
includes the admins - you cannot pick and choose, at least
not simply, this for those accounts and that for those others).

After that familiarization, and do include looking into the
Shared Computer toolkit Steve mentioned, you might find,
depending on just how many machines you have, that it is
more cost effective in the long run to set up a domain.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server : Security)

"ramzi" <ramzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> please i have a network with workgroup not Domain
> i need to create new group on each PC and give this group restrict
> privilige
> or policy like unabe to uninstall program and like this...
> how ican do that in the my workgroup network?
> many thanks

  • Possible Bad Question
    ... Jennifer is currently using a stand-alone Windows 2000 ... > lockout Jennifer's Domain Account after two bad logon attempts. ... > 2000 Network because the Local Group Policy and Default Domain Controllers ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Possible Bad Question
    ... Jennifer is currently using a stand-alone Windows 2000 ... > lockout Jennifer's Domain Account after two bad logon attempts. ... > 2000 Network because the Local Group Policy and Default Domain Controllers ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Problem applying custom Group Policy
    ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System Group Policy Result tool ... The computer received "Registry" settings from these GPOs: ... Local Group Policy ...
  • Re: Problem applying custom Group Policy
    ... I have tested to make some settings in Computer Configuration (in ... answer is in the OU to which this GPO is linked! ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System Group Policy Result ... Local Group Policy ...
  • Re: Problem applying custom Group Policy
    ... I have tested to make some settings in Computer Configuration (in ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System Group Policy Result ... Local Group Policy ...