Re: Local security policy
- From: "Roger Abell [MVP]" <mvpNoSpam@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:04:08 -0700
links to most content related to group policy.
You should review the capabilities of group policy, keeping
in mind that local group policy is much more limited than is
Active Directory based group policy's GPO usage.
In particular, anything that you set with local group policy
in a workgroup machine will control all accounts (i.e. that
includes the admins - you cannot pick and choose, at least
not simply, this for those accounts and that for those others).
After that familiarization, and do include looking into the
Shared Computer toolkit Steve mentioned, you might find,
depending on just how many machines you have, that it is
more cost effective in the long run to set up a domain.
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server : Security)
"ramzi" <ramzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> please i have a network with workgroup not Domain
> i need to create new group on each PC and give this group restrict
> or policy like unabe to uninstall program and like this...
> how ican do that in the my workgroup network?
> many thanks
- Prev by Date: Re: WebDav in IIS 6
- Next by Date: Re: problem with "Restricted Groups" within a GPO linked to my dom
- Previous by thread: Re: Local security policy
- Next by thread: Re: Download.Trojan Can't delete files