Re: Rootkits /Malware
- From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net>
- Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:22:19 -0500
From: "worried" <worried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| I don't think I ever experienced ill effects,I just noticed to have
| the rootkit stuff ,after reading about it,and looking it up in the
| register with RegSeeker. As usual I updated all my security programs
| and my hosts,ran them all,and all came up clean.
| So maybe I shouldn't read into it any further,you think ?
| In the meantime thank you both so much for your help,
| it's always appreciated..
OK -- I keyed in on...
specifically "Apropos" and Apropos is a know adware which a variant using RootKit
- Prev by Date: Re: How do you prevent MS Antispyware from prompting for approval
- Next by Date: Re: How can I automate Certificate Installation ... !
- Previous by thread: Re: Rootkits /Malware
- Next by thread: Re: Rootkits /Malware