Re: Rootkits /Malware

From: "worried" <worried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| I am on a winxp sp2 pro computer,and here is what I found after reading about
| rootkits,with my RegSeeker.
| None of my updated security or malware programs found it.
| System\ControlSet002\Enum\PCI\VEN_xxxx&SUBSYS_xxxxxxxx&REV_xx\x&xxaaaxx&x&xD\Apropos
| Apropos being in a blue color.
| I have found the same thing with the ending=\rootkit also in a blue color.
|
| I will not do anything with those files,till I hear from one of you experts
| whether
| these are supposed to be there,or if they should/can be deleted.
| Thank you in advance for any reply.
|
>> worried<

Two part reply..

Perform Part 1 then perform Part 2.

If the first two parts don't work, perform the alternate utility.

It is suggested that you execute each tool in Normal Mode then in Safe Mode.

If you are using any version of Sun Java that is prior to JRE Version 5.0,
then you are strongly urged to remove any/all versions that are prior to JRE
Version 5.0. There are vulnerabilities in them and they are actively being exploited.
It is possible that is how you got infected with malware.

Therefore, it is highly suggested that if there are any prior versions of Sun Java
to Version 5 on the PC that they be removed and Sun Java JRE Version 5.0 Update 6
be installed ASAP.

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Part 1
-----------

Download SmitFraud.exe from the URL --
http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/SmitFraud.exe

Execute; SmitFraud.exe { Note: You must accept the default of C:\McAfee }
Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

FireWall to enable WGET.EXE to download the needed McAfee related files.

Execute; c:\mcafee\clean.bat
{ or Double-click on 'Clean Link' in c:\mcafee }

A final report in HTML format called C:\mcafee\Normal_ScanReport.HTML or
C:\mcafee\Safe_ScanReport.HTML will be generated. At the end of the scan, it will be displa
yed in your browser (Opera, FireFox or Internet Explorer). However, if you are using WinXP,
Win2K or Win2003 your system will be left in a state where you will have to manually
shutdown/reboot the PC. On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser
but your PC will automatically be shutdown. It is suggested that you move the report out of
c:\mcafee before performing another scan.

It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML
report for each session.

Part 2
-----------

Swandog46's Apropos Adware/RootKit remover
http://swandog46.geekstogo.com/aproposfix.exe

Please Copy and Paste the contents of the HTML Log files;
C:\mcafee\Normal_ScanReport.HTML & C:\mcafee\Safe_ScanReport.HTML in your reply.

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Got Alemon Trojan... deleted but cant change wallpaper
    ... | wallpaper to an .html file. ... It is suggested that you execute the following tool in both Normal Mode and then in Safe ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser ... It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML ...
  • Re: Unknown trojan
    ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser ... It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML ... Secured2K's SpyAxe, PSGuard, Smitfraud, Sinnaka and Alemod removal tool. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Spy Falcon
    ... windows start up screen is on for almost 4 mins before this happen was only ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser ... It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML ...
  • Re: Zlob Trojan - Newbie on group - Help please!
    ... | Running the latest Micro$oft Malware Removal Tool does *not* find it. ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser ... It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Help. I just cant get rid of SpyWare quake
    ... drivingme crazy. ... It is suggested that you execute each tool in Normal Mode then in Safe ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be ... a copy of the HTML ...