Re: False positive????

Morris,

MBSA can sometimes come up with "false positives". It errs on the side of
caution. You must read and research each item in detail to decide how much
of a threat it is to you and how to deal with it. Everyone must strike the
balance between security and useability that is right for them, depending on
factors MBSA cannot possibly know about.

Paul

"Morris" <Morris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> When I run the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer tool on Windows Small
> Business server and use the windows native backup program I get a red X on
> the user security report. The user is "Backup user" and it does not
> actually
> log into the server it is for the backup, so my question is this OK per
> Microsoft, is there a fix for this or am I doing something wrong with the
> tool

  • Re: MBSA, Office Update, Versions, Failures
    ... I apologize for posting this to three groups (MBSA, Windows Update, ... with Domain User account. ... Microsoft Baseline Security Advisor (? ... Office 2000 Security Patches - Red X's, ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: 2005 Express how to encrypt db
    ... To solve this problem, in addition to having good security for the program, ... attach to another SQL Instance. ... Security Considerations for Backup and Restore (SQL Server) ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: MBSA, Office Update, Versions, Failures
    ... > I apologize for posting this to three groups (MBSA, Windows Update, Office ... with Domain User account. ... 2K Install CD. ... > Microsoft Baseline Security Advisor (? ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: MBSA, Office Update, Versions, Failures
    ... > I apologize for posting this to three groups (MBSA, Windows Update, Office ... with Domain User account. ... 2K Install CD. ... > Microsoft Baseline Security Advisor (? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: MBSA, Office Update, Versions, Failures
    ... > As for your MBSA questions: ... > machine and environment - and if it is, you can simply remove this account ... MBSA Results Issue - Macro Security, ... These residual settings for long-gone users need to be ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)